Beta public release of almost-rewritten classical xBill game. Current features:
- Added network support (ggn/*), network considered *alpha*
- Added GTK+ widget set support
- Using: gnome, automake, autoconf, libtool, getopt, gettext (i18n)
- C++ kickoff, converted to plain ANSI C
- All images are now compressed and placed in the main executable binary
- Targetting cross for multiplayer games
It's part (in directory "ggn/") is a generic library for the network setup (finding teammates through internet and establishing an N-way connection) of some potential game. Written as my first semestral project but then reworked/made usable as my third semestral project. If you want to do something serious with it, please contact me first. Uses GIMP Toolkit as widget set if available, otherwise drops to text console interface. Ready for other interface modules.
The network library
GGNis fully standalone and ready for use in any project, although currently the only client application using it is this xBill game.